Know the difference between Commercial SSL Certificate & Let’s Encrypt.
Commercial SSL Certificate
- Commercial SSL Certificates are offered by a trusted CA like Comodo etc that provide all types of SSL including Domain Validated, Organization validated, EV SSL, wildcard or multidomain SSL.
- You can also claim for a warranty in case of misuse or data breach.
- They offer 24×7 online supports via email, chat or call.
- You can protect your large or E-commerce Website.
- You can acquire this certificate for a maximum 39 months; so you need not worried about renewal all the time.
- Comes with trust seal/site seal
- Every comes with warranty start from $10,000
- Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority that offers Free SSL Certificate for 90 days and then you have to renew it.
- Currently, it provides only domain validated SSL Certificate which is not an ideal solution for large or e-commerce websites.
- You can secure your basic website only and if you deal with online transactions, then it’s not sufficient to protect your website.
- Apart from this, this certificate does not offer any warranty in case of misuse or data breach.
Also, are able to supply wildcard and Extended Validation certificates. Extended Validation allows the company name to show in the browser address bar in green.
Provide direct support for products purchased.
Both options have advantages. It depends entirely on what you require the certificate for.